WHAT IS K TO 12 PROGRAM?
The K to 12 Program covers Kindergarten and 12 years of basic education (six years of primary education, four years of Junior High School, and two years of Senior High School [SHS]) to provide sufficient time for mastery of concepts and skills, develop lifelong learners, and prepare graduates for tertiary education, middle-level skills development, employment, and entrepreneurship.
It has Salient Features
- Strengthening Early Childhood Education (Universal Kindergarten)
- Making the Curriculum Relevant to Learners (Contextualization and Enhancement)
- Ensuring Integrated and Seamless Learning (Spiral Progression)
- Building Proficiency through Language (Mother Tongue-Based Multilingual Education)
- Gearing Up for the Future (Senior High School)
- Nurturing the Holistically Developed Filipino (College and Livelihood Readiness, let Century Skills)
THIS IS ACCORDING TO: http://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/k-12/